I’m not going to state the obvious about the hardships we are all facing. Motive IT is about taking ownership of problems and looking for answers, and so that is what we are going to offer you. Our news briefings are going to be about tangible ideas and options that you can use TODAY. We’ll start with a list of questions we are getting asked every day:
What should my team’s computer have on it to ensure it can handle working from home?
Below is a list of minimal requirements for home devices:
- PC should be less than 5 years old – if not, processing problems will arise
- Minimum of Windows 8 (but preferably Windows 10) or MAC OSX Ver 10.13
- Must have – Antivirus under current paid subscription and updated. The 4 suppliers that we recognise and trust are – Webroot, Trend Micro, Symantec, Kaspersky – Free ones are not much use
- Must Have – ensure either Windows or Mac systems are fully updated
- Must Have – check home internet speed via www.speedtest.net minimum requirements are: PING ms < 25, Download Mbps >20, Upload Mbps >10 – if not, processing problems will arise.
How can we reduce our IT costs – Payment Relief Options
We are all relying more heavily on the capabilities of our IT systems than ever before. The more robust your system, the greater productivity for our teams. In an effort to reduce one of the major challenges of IT issues, we have arranged a variety of finance options to reduce the cost of Hardware, Software and some managed services. There are options and ways to reduce your costs to a minimal monthly amount. Tailored specifically to your financial situation, these options allow you to have the best IT support in a manageable and controlled way. For more details and options around financial support, please contact us.
Immediate offer – 2 month payment holiday for any new agreement!