Over the last month we have worked with numerous businesses of all shapes and sizes across all different industries but the one thing they all have in common – they all use different systems to work remotely. So, to assist everyone with some feedback about the best approach to remote working we have developed the following article.
What is Microsoft 365?
In our view, Microsoft 365 (previously Office 365, but now just known as 365), is the most efficient and robust approach to managing all aspects of a remote team working environment. This single platform can help you handle and oversee all aspects of team management – tasks, timesheets, communications (both internal and external), emails, calendars, video conferencing, document management, workload planning, even CRM requirements. All in one single platform. Below is a brief summary of just some of the software apps available.
- Standard Office Tools – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and One Note. But it has so much more – all for the same price!
- OneDrive – With each Microsoft 365 Business subscription, Microsoft provides users with up to 1TB of cloud storage in the form of an application called OneDrive for Business.
- SharePoint – is a document management and collaboration tool. It’s basically an intranet and content management system allowing your team to source, action and store all internal documentation in one location, all at the same time.
- Teams – is a communications system that integrates people, content, and tools into a single chat-based platform. Through voice, video and text chat, teams of people can share files and collaborate.
- Shifts – is a time management and workflow allocation tool. Shifts lets Firstline Workers and their managers use their mobile devices to manage schedules and keep in touch.
- Planner – is the best way to organise teamwork and tasks. Planner provides a hub to create plans, organise and assign tasks and to check progress through dashboards. It provides a centralised place that gives visibility to the whole team.
This is only a small sample of the tools available through Microsoft 365, but all the tools are designed to assist and support the remote working environment.